Longview a not-for-profit organization, wants to meet compassionate and committed resident aides to work in an assisting living facility. Here at Longview, our residents are always at the heart of the care we provide. We are committed to working together to create a change in the lives of our residents. Come join our HAPPY Longview family!
LPNs (Evening Shift 2:45 pm to 11:15 pm and an Overnight from 10:45 pm to 7:15 am)
General Statement of Duties:
Responsible for managing the residents individualized service plans and supervising the day-to-day nursing and resident aide/HHA activities during the shift in accordance with New York State regulations and Longview’s Resident and Tenant Services Policy and Procedure Manual. May be responsible for assuming daily operation of facility as assigned and in accordance with Ithacare’s specific risk management procedures and the Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual. Assess and monitor resident care issues and promptly alert physicians, families and resident care staff with timely notification regarding changes in condition.
Part-Time Temporary Assistant Groundskeeper
This is a temporary position, 20 hours per week, ending at the end of the growing season. Performs a variety of maintenance tasks, primarily landscaping and grounds upkeep for the facility under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor. Includes other maintenance related tasks as needed. Adheres to Longview risk management practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary job will be that of groundskeeper including, but not limited to, the following job duties:
1. Maintaining weed free gardens, mulching, and keeping curbs weed free.
2. Operate hand tools and motorized equipment, including rake, shovel, pruners, hedge trimmer, line trimer, chainsaw, snow blower and any other essential tool necessary to perform and complete the job.
3. Maintain watershed areas and rain gardens.
4. Trim bushes, trees, plants, hedges, shrubs or any other applicable plant life.
5. Perform trash collection and/or disposal if needed.
6. Must be able to apply herbicides, pesticide chemicals to grounds, trees, bushes, shrubs, flower beds and/or lawn areas.
7. Follow safety practices to minimize risk of personal injury, loss of life, damage to the building, vehicles, furnishings and equipment.
8. Must be able to paint common areas during downtime or as needed.
9. Other duties as assigned or needed as business necessitates.
10. Participates in all pertinent risk management training and follows all Longview and department specific risk management procedures as outlined in Ithacare Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual and the Policy Manual and the Resident Services Policy and Procedure Manual.
11. Must follow Emergency Disaster Policy and Procedure included in fire drill procedures. Adhere to Longview’s risk management procedures regarding reporting accidents/injuries immediately to supervisor by submitting the appropriate accident report form.
12. Must participate in mandatory annual in-service / review of Emergency Disaster plan and/or any other required training by all internal or external policies or agencies.
1. Must have the ability to relate positively and work effectively with residents and staff and promote the physical well-being and safety of the residents and staff.
2. Must pass a background check and pre-employment physical and PPD.
3. Must be able to push/pull and/or lift up to and including 50 pounds without restrictions.
4. Ability to work from a job list with minimum supervision.
5. Experience working with the elderly is desirable.
6. Must have reliable transportation.
How to apply:
For Dining Employment:
To apply for a food service worker position, please click this link:
Do not send dining services applications or inquiries to Longview Human Resources.
Longview is an EEO Employer.
As a full-time employee of Longview, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- health insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- tax-deferred annuity
- simplified pension plan
- paid vacation time
- sick leave
- personal leave
- tuition assistance
- …and much more!